Translation and text editing services
I translate mostly from English to Dutch and vice versa. I have 10+ years of experience in editorial work and translation practice, with a special interest in critical historical thought and artistic practices in the present.
For inquiries, please contact me at mail [at] thijsvissia.nl.
An incomplete list of translated work:
- Franklin Rosemont, Karl Marx and the Iroquois - translated to Dutch - to be published (~11000 words)
- Giorgio Agamben, interview in Die Zeit, August 17, 2015 - to English - to be published (~4000 words)
- Translation and text editing for artist Matthijs de Bruijne
- Translation, transcription and text editing for various projects by artists/filmmakers Lonnie van Brummelen en Siebren de Haan, for example Drifting Studio Practice, in Metropolis M: Experimental Aesthetics
- Translation of the project proposal for the 2017 Venice Biennale by curator Lucy Cotter and visual artist Wendelien van Oldenborgh
- Phd thesis summary translations from English to Dutch for Noa Roei (Shifting Sights: Civilian Militarism in Israeli Art and Visual Culture, Amsterdam 2012) and Jules Sturm (Bodies We Fail – Productive Embodiments of Imperfection, Amsterdam 2012)
- Various texts for the exhibition “I can’t work like this” (CASCO Institute for Art and Theory, Utrecht, May/June 2012)
- Sebastian Olma, From People to Multitude. Toward Topologies of Citizenship, translated to Dutch, in: R. Gowricharn, S. Trienekens & D.W. Postma, Alternatieve visies op burgerschap, Amsterdam: SWP, 2012.
- Paul Amar, Why Egypt's progressives win, original from jadaliyya.com. Translated to Dutch
- Franco Berardi and Marco Jacquemet, The Italian “anomaly” in the sphere of Semiocapital, translated to Dutch. In: NAi Uitgevers/Open Cahiers nummer 20: De populistische verbeelding. Over de rol van mythen, verhalen en beeldvorming in de politiek)
- Rudi Laermans, On populist politics and parliamentary paralysis. An interview with Ernesto Laclau. (Translated to Dutch. In: NAi Uitgevers/Open Cahiers nummer 20: as above)
- Anthony Iles, review of Marina Vishmidt en Metahaven (ed.), Uncorporate Identity. (Translated English to Dutch. In: NAi Uitgevers/Open Cahiers nummer 20: as above)
- Giorgio Agamben, Movement (translated to Dutch for flexmens.org, available at archive)
- Franco ‘Bifo’ Berardi, The obsession with identity, an extract from Franco Berardi's La nefasta utopia di potere operaio. Translated to Dutch, from the English translation published by Generation Online
- Interview with Paulo Virno: ‘The global movement works like a broken battery’. Translated to Dutch from an original interview by Branden W. Joseph
- Massimo de Angelis, Reflections about Tronti, class composition and multitude. Translated to Dutch for flexmens.org
- Alain Badiou, interview. ‘We must find something new’. Translated to Dutch
Deze pagina in het Nederlands